WHAT IS INTRADISCAL STEM CELL THERAPY?
Intradiscal stem cell therapy, also known as intervertebral joint therapy, or intervertebral disc therapy, is a novel way to treat different disc pathologies and is the only known procedure that can regenerate discs in the spine. This procedure makes it possible to avoid complications associated with surgical procedures. When necessary, adjacent structures such as facet joints, sacroiliac joints, and surrounding nerve roots, are treated. Intradiscal stem cell therapy does not treat the spinal cord.
BENEFITS OF INTRADISCAL STEM CELL THERAPY
Patients who received intradiscal stem cell therapy indicate that they are very happy with the results. the outcomes generally become apparent over a 6-month period following the treatment. There are four (4) major benefits that you can expect from intradiscal stem cell therapy:
- Significant and long-term relief from back pain;
- Increase in function and range of motion;
- Increase in the disc’s water content;
- Low complication rate.
WHO SHOULD CONSIDER THIS PROCEDURE?
You should consider this type of procedure if you have:
- Chronic back or neck pain
- Bulging, ruptured or herniated discs
- Degenerative disc disease
- Injured or diseased spinal nerve roots
- Sacroiliac degeneration
- Facet degeneration
Intradiscal stem cell therapy is an option for people who:
- Are considering surgery for their back problems
- Have been refused for surgery for their back problems
- Take opioids for their back problems
- Had back surgery
PREPARATION FOR THE PROCEDURE
- Eat normally and drink a lot of water the day before and the day of the procedure;
- Strengthen core muscles to protect the treated area;
- Additional guidelines will be given to you 4 weeks prior to your procedure.
Multipotent Mesenchymal Stem Cell Treatment for Discogenic Low Back Pain and Disc Degeneration – Read Full Article
Treatment of discogenic back pain with autologous bone marrow concentrate injection with minimum two-year follow-up – Read Full Article
For a more extensive list of research in relation to the stem cell treatment we offer at Inovo Medical, click here.
Disclaimer: As with any medical treatment, results will vary among individuals, and there is no implication that you will heal or receive the same outcome as patients herein. There could be pain or substantial risks involved. These concerns should be discussed with your health care provider prior to any treatment so that you are properly informed and understand that there are no guarantees to healing. The information in this website is offered for educational purposed only and does not imply or give medical advice. The photos used may be models and not patients.
On a case-by-case basis, intradiscal stem cell therapy may be covered by auto injury insurance (MVA) or worker’s injury insurance (WSIB). However, this treatment is not covered by other insurance companies, including OHIP.