Instructions you need to know
- Stop taking aspirin, ginkgo, olive leaf extract, fish oil and other natural medicines for 1 week before your procedure as these may increase bruising and bleeding, ask us for more information.
- At the time of your booking, let us know:
a) if you are taking aspirin, warfarin or other ‘blood thinning’ medication prescribed by a doctor, before ceasing these medication.
b) if you have had previous surgery for undescended testes as a child.
- Ring and confirm your attendance 48 hours before the procedure
- At home on the morning of the procedure, after showering or bathing with soap, use a new blade to shave as directed above. The procedure: shave the scrotum as shown in the photograph, please shave the underside of the penis and all of the front wall of the scrotum, remove the hair all the way to the top of the penis, including any pubic hair that seems to fall onto the scrotum (we suggest that you don’t use depilatory creams such as Veet and Nair as these can cause chemical burns. Waxing is an option as well. Note: DO NOT shave the day before your procedure as it can lead to an infection.*
- Wear supportive underwear (not boxers)
There are no other special requirements. As the operation is carried out under local anaesthetic alone.
- It is safe to drive to and from the surgery yourself
- You can eat and drink as normal (no restrictions required)